This program is designed to support leaders in understanding the critical role of social competence – encompassing personal wisdom and people skills – in leading and inspiring others. During the program you will complete a range of self-reflective activities to build self-awareness and understanding – critical abilities in the transformational leader.
The program is designed for current and emerging leaders within the healthcare setting.
- Describe the role of leadership in organisations
- Explain the ‘performance equation’
- Understand your personal behavioural style and its impact on others
- Explain the critical role of self-awareness and social competence
- Describe contemporary leadership models and frameworks
- Apply practical tools and techniques to achieve effectiveness in a leadership role
- Develop individual goals for building personal leadership capability
- The role of leadership in organisations
- Fundamentals of human behaviour
- Self-awareness and social competence
- Transformational and Situational Leadership
- Contemporary models of leadership
- Personal action planning for building leadership capability
This short course will enable participants to become more effective transformational leaders and enhance their leadership capability. After completing this course, should you wish to undertake the full Diploma of Leadership and Management through our Leadership in Healthcare Program, you can contact us to discuss RPL and a discounted rate.